Friday, January 4, 2013

New Depths

This quote says everything...so excited to see what depths and heights God brings me to this year.


2013. It's officially here, and I am so excited to take in all that this year has to offer. Lots of people start the year with resolutions of what they want to do, achieve, or improve in the new year to come. I'm not so much about that, since I end up dropping whatever it is I've set out to do 3 weeks into the year. This year I'm making one promise...to go deeper. I want to love deeper. I want to explore this life to the fullest. I want to get wrecked by God's love. I want to be bold and meet new people, do new things. But even if I fail, even if I don't do all that I anticipate for this year, I want to at least say that I went all in this year. I put myself out there. I let people know who I was -all of me. That's what I want out of this year...to be ever present and taking every opportunity to live the amazing life I've been called into. Are you in?

Here are some things that I am seeking/praying for this year:
  1. Diligence as I study and prepare to take my MCAT in spring. 
  2. Exploring my home town of Slidell/ New Orleans, Louisiana. Meeting new people and gaining a new appreciation for the town that raised me.
  3. Finding a spiritual and life mentor to help me walk through this new phase of my life.
  4. A trip to India and Cambodia to explore God's love for his people. To experience the work that great people are doing to promote health and education for young girls in these countries.
  5. Doing more -exercise, eating well - to take my body seriously
  6. Listening better
  7. Mentoring youth around me so they realize their power to do great things
  8. Recognizing that I can feel the gravity of God's love everywhere - even better when you experience it whilst on top of a mountain or falling through the sky. (adventures to come!)
  9. Remembering the insane amount of grace God shows me, and giving that to others without hesitation.
  10. Trusting God in the process of who is making me to be and all the great things and people he has in store for me to share this adventure with.

The best is yet to come and I am so ready.

D.




1 comment:

  1. I'm in! What an inspiring post! I especially love how you put wanting to 'get wrecked by God's love'. That is powerful. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors and all of the things to come in this new year, Doris! <3 Haley

    ReplyDelete