Thursday, November 29, 2012

Another Magic Thursday


Got to see the Macy's Christmas Tree Lighting last week in Union Square...and it was magical.

I had a teacher in 7th grade  (maybe 8th grade. My mind seems to stop remembering everything between  elementary school and high school, which is probably on purpose since middle school was an extremely awkward phase for just about everyone.) Anyway, back to this teacher. He would start every Thursday class by saying, "Another Magic Thursday." We all had no idea what this really meant or where it came from but we thought it was cool, so it caught on as things do in the 7th/8th grade. You know, just like slap on bracelets and punk rock. (No? This didn't happen to you?...Just me? Like I said, it was an awkward time which I have tried to block out of memory.) Anyway, now I realize that it was probably just a coping method, a bit of a self-help mantra, to get through another Thursday, especially one filled with awkwardly pubescent preteens, and on to the weekend. So now Mr. Beale, I finally understand. Another Magic Thursday it is. (minus the awkward preteen stuff. that I will never understand.)

On to the links. See whats happening around the interwebs.

1.Life is pretty much perfect right now, maybe not for Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum though.
2. A great reminder. When you think you're having a bad day, there's probably someone who's having it worse.
3.Sometimes we need that real Real Talk.
4. I can't even take you right now. This is happening.
5. Speaking of donuts, I ate these donuts and they were bomb. I tried the maple bacon (I know.) and the passion fruit milk chocolate (my fav.) If you're ever in SF definitely check them out.
6. This book is amazing and has helped me think about the way I live this one wild life. Thanks for your spirit and whimsy, Bob Goff.
7. I just bought a new computer with Windows 8 and it makes close to no sense to me. But, I might understand how to use it a little more after this.

Alright. Onward to your magical Thursday.

D.

No comments:

Post a Comment