Thursday, November 29, 2012

I made this!



Roasted Red and Sweet Potato Hash with Poached Eggs.

Poached eggs are pretty much my jam right now. A little known fact about me: I work part-time on the weekends as a hostess at a little comfort food restaurant in San Francisco. It's been pretty cool so far seeing the interesting Mission hipsters that come through for our weekend brunch. It's been even more interesting getting to try all of the tasty dishes on the menu. And at the end of the shift, when the chefs whip up something for the staff, 9 times out of 10 its the breakfast hash with poached eggs. And its goood. I can't believe I've been missing on this poached egg train for all my life. Now, I just cant get enough of this yolky creamy goodness. And their so silly to make. Honestly, it looks like a disaster in a pot. But, man. So worth it. So this was my attempt to recreate my beloved breakfast hash. And it was pretty on point, if I do say so myself.

Wanna try it? Here's the recipe

1. Set the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cube up some red and sweet potatoes.
3. Toss 'em in a bowl along with 2 tbs of olive oil and all kinds of good seasoning. (I used some Cajun spices  of course, since I'm a southern girl.)
4. Pop them in the oven for about 30 minutes or until soft and golden. 
5. While the potatoes are roasting, cook some sliced onion, minced garlic, mushrooms, bell peppers, corn (clearly the list can be endless.) in a saucepan. Once cooked to yummy perfection, remove from the heat and set aside.
6. When the potatoes are done, add to saucepan along with the cooked veggies.
7. Lastly add some fresh spinach leaves and toss until their nice and wilted.
8. Add your poached eggs on top (I'm certainly no expert, so refer to this amazing cooking genius.) and you're golden.

Definitely one of my tastiest kitchen adventures thus far.

D.

1 comment:

  1. i'll definitely have to try this one day! it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete