Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lift Off


Too many bags!! My TSA dreams come true.

Yup. My journey in the San Francisco Bay Area has come to an end. I'm excited to be moving back home (I honestly, never thought I'd hear those words come out of my mouth.) But I actually am. I'm ready for this next chapter of my life, and I am realizing more and more each day that I have little control over where and what this journey looks like. I'm looking forward to spending time at home with my mom and family in Louisiana. Since I spent my last 2 years of high school in boarding school, I realized that I haven't lived at home in about six years. It's definitely bound to be an adventure, one in which my independence will most likely disintegrate into ashes.  But that's okay. I'm sure I'll make up for that in more than enough ways later on! While at home, I'll mostly be studying for the MCAT which I will be taking this Spring. Apart from that, I am looking forward to exploring my home city of New Orleans. Especially now that I'm old enough to learn about it on my own. There is so much depth to the city of New Orleans. I'm so excited to discover that through the people, the music, and most definitely,the food. There'll be lots of pictures for sure. It's strange leaving. San Francisco has been fun, and I'll always appreciate this city by the bay. Right now though, I have other things ahead of me, and I can't wait. So, right now I'm just going to make like a baby and head out! (some future OB/GYN humor for ya!)

Much Love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment