Friday, February 15, 2013

On the Radar

One thing that I've developed a deep appreciation for recently is exploring black and African culture through video and film. One of the best avenues for this that I have seen are online web-series. And man, there is some really great stuff out there. It's amazing to see such a wealth of knowledge and expression through these various shows. Series like Akward Black Girl (ABG), The Couple, and Unwritten Rules are taking black entertainment to new heights and it is so refreshing. Each time I discover something new is like finding a well in the dessert. So I've gotta share my latest finds with you. Here is one web series that I am super excited to share. The second video is a preview/promo video for a great stage piece coming out soon by Liz Femi. Check them both out below!

African Time 

African Time is a series of interviews examining what its like to be African in America. There're really interesting and a couple of them definitely had me laughing in agreement. A simple yet brilliant way to capture the very shared experiences of Africans in the U.S.of A.



Take Me To the Poor House

Nigerian actress, Liz Femi, is the creative mastermind being this upcoming one-woman show. Based on her experiences as a young girl, Take Me To the Poor House, tells the story of a young girl who longs to connect to her Nigerian roots through poverty. I love a great stage piece, so I am really excited to follow Liz Femi's work in this piece.


Much Love,
D.

No comments:

Post a Comment